Pageism: a desire to be a page to a beautiful woman. A form of submission to a dominant female. –Psychopathia Sexualis
The About page covers the purview of the site and podcast ‘The Pageist’, but sometimes people want to know a bit more about the person behind the scenes. So… here’s a bit more.
The Kinky Bits
For a fun set of writing prompts, you can check out my answers to the 30 Days of Kink Blog Challenge. Some are more difficult to answer than you’d think. Give it a shot–you may learn some things about yourself. I certainly did.
The shortest bio I can give is that I’m an asexual lesbian, service-oriented submissive who’s married to her best friend (an asexual cisdude) who’s looking for a Domme. I’m looking, my husband isn’t.
This is an essay about what being asexual and kinky is like for me.
Here is an essay about how power exchange, kink and sex align (or don’t) most naturally for me.
My Eroticon 2017 Virtual Introduction post includes some non-typical questions and answers.
I also answer questions on Quora (index of those here), which often includes kinky or personal information.
The Vanilla Bits
Besides being utterly enamoured of Dominant women, I’ve also been a writer (professionally and for fun) for many years, and a reader of many types of books.
- Tea over coffee usually, but I have to have decaf either way (stomach ailment).
- Cats or dogs or any animals (including reptiles).
- I’m originally from the American South but now live in England and I love it (though it’s a little cold.)
- Professor McGonagall is my fav HP character in books or film, though I’m Slytherin, and I have a robe that looks just like hers from the first two movies thanks to a costume-designer friend.
- Unabashedly an introvert and nocturnal individual.
- Some of my favourite words to say: Schadenfreude, numpty, frabjous. And the phrase quelle suprise.
- Office supply stores make me happy.
Vanilla Media I enjoy
- Dickens in general but Bleak House is my fav. Lady Dedlock for life.
- Sherlock Holmes! I’ve only recently begun reading the books/stories and I’m in love.
- Do I need to say Harry Potter.
- Edgar Allan Poe! He’s my man! Fav pieces include ‘The Fall of the House of Usher’, ‘The Cask of Amontillado’, ‘Silence–A Fable’, ‘Masque of the Red Death’, ‘Alone’
- Books that made me grateful I could read: Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, The Anatomy of Melancholy by Robert Burton, Remembrance of Things Past by Marcel Proust.
- Books that I believe everyone should read: Obedience to Authority by Stanley Milgram, The Culture of Make Believe by Derrick Jensen (Americans at least)
- Contemporary authors I like: P.D. James, Muriel Spark, Sarah Waters, Donna Tartt, David Mitchell (not the actor, though he’s great, too).
- Betrayal at House on the Hill
- Blank White Cards
- Cards Against Humanity
- Exploding Kittens
- Boss Monster
- The Winter Guest: an under-rated, little-seen film directed by Alan Rickman. Go find it. It’s a gem.
- Stoker: Sort of American Beauty for sociopaths.
- I enjoy comedy horror films like Shaun of the Dead and Dale and Tucker vs Evil. Housebound. That sort of thing.
- Cabin in the Woods gets its own shout out.
- As does the entire Cornetto Trilogy.
- I enjoy documentaries, as well. The Art of Killing was incredible.
- I also like films that sort of make you want to die like The Magdalene Sister and Calvary.
- Black Books. I watch the entire show at least once a year and still laugh out loud.
- Spaced. See above.
- Black Mirror.
- Last Tango in Halifax.
- The Killing
- The Fall
- Peep Show
- Portishead, Massive Attack, Pram, Moorcheeba. Or as I like to call it–music to mope to.
- Fleetwood Mac (THE MAAAC) Stevie Nicks is a goddess, Lindsay Buckingham can tear it up and Christine McVie’s voice is velvet. Mick Fleetwood is a monster on the drums.
- Chamber music. Some times you need to sit back, relax and rock out like it’s 1685.
- Sia. Belt it. Belt it all out. And her lyrics will rip your guts out. Lady has been through some stuff.