Episode the sixty-second; wherein the Pageist discusses consent, feminism and just why so much erotic writing is so bad with author Sinclair Sexsmith.
.43 Intro and Announcements:
- I’ll be teaching a class on lucid dreaming for otherwise impossible sexual fantasies at Eroticon in March! My bio will eventually appear on this page.
- From the endlessly wonderful Reid Mihalko, I won a ticket to next year’s Woodhull Sexual Freedom Summit, which I will hopefully get to attend (dependant upon finding a sponsor for airfare/lodging).
- In this episode, Sinclair Sexsmith, author of Sweet and Rough, Dominant, packing aficionado and all-round swell individual, joins me to discuss consent in erotica, why so much erotic writing is just so bad, and how kink isn’t automatically the enemy of feminism.
- Sinclair on Why Are People Into That talking about Power
- Cleis Press: A place for well-written erotica.
- The S&M Feminist: Best of Clarisse Thorn
- Sinclair’s free Dominance e-course: Mad Dom Skills
- Where to find Sinclair online:
- Their Patreon: MrSexsmith
43.07 Closing Remarks:
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll be reviewing Witches, Princesses and Women at Arms: Erotic Lesbian Fairy Tales edited by Sacchi Green
- Support the show and site on Patreon!
- Like The Pageist on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads, Quora, Medium, and Instagram and join the Fetlife group.
- You can also subscribe to the website through the email form in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be much appreciated!
- The libsyn feed is here and can be used in your favourite podcast feed reader.
- All episodes can be heard in an embedded player on this page.