Episode the fiftieth; Wherein the Pageist ponders the meaning of work, tells her mother of her job and falls in love with a French author. The books reviewed in this episode are Story of the Eye and L’Abbe C by Georges Bataille.
.53 Intro and Announcements:
- TPOKRadio is streaming 24/7! Check it out here.
- Darkside Magazine is also sponsoring all of the shows on the station. It’s a magazine for kinky people of various persuasions and can be found online at: darksidemag.net.
- Info on the first episode of the Fetish Files with Auntie Social. Topic: Pageism. http://www.stereo-typed.com/pageism/
- The Pageist’s Fun Pack of Fun Giveaway! Are you participating? No?! Why not?! http://thepageist.com/2017/04/20/the-pageists-adult-fun-pack-of-fun-giveaway/
3.22 My Submissive Life:
- A ranty blog post about the Digital Economy Bill: http://thepageist.com/2017/04/28/washing-digital-economy-bill/
- If you’d like to support the show’s Patreon, here is the link: https://www.patreon.com/thepageist
13.45 Book Reviews:
- Two novels by Georges Bataille this episode. Book one is Story of the Eye. Bataille’s first novel, this is about a menage that goes very wrong, leading to the characters going on the run across Europe. Sadism, torture, orgies, sacreligious acts and urine play galore. Quite visceral and explicit, and not for the faint of heart, this is an incredible work of transgressive fiction.
- L’Abbe C. A story of two people obsessed with one another–Eponine, a prostitute, and Robert, a priest who’s known her since childhood–and the person caught between them–Charles, Robert’s identical twin. For people with a high capacity for ambiguity in fiction, who don’t need every question answered.
33.14 Closing Remarks:
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll be interviewing Auntie Social from Stereo-typed. We’ll be discussing whether or not people are too swept up in fantasy (both kinky and in general) and uninterested in the warts of reality.
- Support the show and site on Patreon!
- Like The Pageist on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads, Quora, Medium, and Instagram and join the Fetlife group.
- You can also subscribe to the website through the email form in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be much appreciated!
- All episodes can be heard in an embedded player on this page.