Episode the thirty-seventh; Wherein the Pageist registers for a conference for sexy nerds, discovers the perfect mascot for oh, so many wonderful people and shares info on a new site for the kink community. The book reviewed is Real Service by Joshua Tenpenny and Raven Kaldera.
.48 Intro & Announcements:
- The show is now in Slovakia, Nigeria and Madagascar. Also, some people in Estonia seem to be having a Pageist listening party! Greetings to you, friends.
- We have a new Patron! Thank you, thank you AuntieSocial. If you’d like to support the show, have a gander at the rewards available on the show’s Patreon.
- And a new Facebook like. Welcome to Camille.
- I would like to thank caffeine and the Hanna Soundtrack for helping me produce this episode after a two-day migraine pain-fest.
- In March I will be attending Eroticon 2017, which is a conference for sex bloggers, erotica writers and erotic creatives. Are you going? Let me know! thepageist [at] gmail [dot] com or any of the social media places I frequent. That list is here.
- Attending Eroticon isn’t cheap though–if you’d like to help me out in the wallet department or would just like to support the show in general–please consider supporting the site’s Patreon. Other ways to show your support are here.
- An upcoming freebie for all Patrons will be an audio of How I Sext a.k.a. Hygge Porn. Keep an eye/ear out for that.
- Earlier this week I was on Lee Harrington’s show, Passion and Soul, talking about kinky books, the importance of handmade kink gear and other wonderful things. We had a great time!
- If you’re looking for an alternative to Fetlife, check out ThinkKinky. It’s a brand spanking new place for kinksters run by some lovely people.
7.06 My Submissive Life:
- My profile on Quora, if you’d like to follow (or just check out the site).
- Can you keep a hyena as a pet? on Quora.
- Hyena myths (and facts!)
- We’ll be running a contest for designs for hyena-centric merchandise in the near future. Details in the episode. Start brainstorming now.
13.48 Book Review:
- The book this episode is Real Service by Joshua Tenpenny and Raven Kaldera. It covers philosophy and practical aspects of both giving service and receiving service within a power exchange relationship. The author’s clearly write from positions of experience in an easy-to-understand style.
- Other reviews of work by these author(s): Paradigms of Power: Styles of Master/slave Relationships edited by Raven Kaldera in episode thirteen.
- Home Comforts: The Art and Science of Keeping House by Cheryl Mendelson.
- Real Service is available to read for free through the Bookmate website and app.
28.07 Closing Remarks:
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll be reviewing Opening Up: A Guide to Creating and Sustaining Open Relationships by Tristan Taormino.
- Support the show and site on Patreon!
- Like The Pageist on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads, Quora, Medium, and Instagram and join the Fetlife group.
- You can also subscribe to this website through the email form in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be much appreciated!
- All episodes are listed and playable from this page.