Episode the thirty-fifth; wherein the Pageist takes some time to schedule in some self care, gets excited about kind fans and lesbian porno comics and returns to the Marketplace…again. The book this episode is The Academy by Laura Antoniou.
.48 Intro and Announcements:
- The show is now in Cape Verde, Sierra Leone, Iraq and Djibouti.
- FOUR survey responses! Christmas is here! If you’d like to fill in the survey (it’s quick and anonymous) the link is here.
- Many, many thank yous to the kind gentleman who sent me Sex with Shakespeare by Jillian Keenan. Mwah!
- Tina Horn’s interview with Jillian Keenan on Why Are People into That?!
- Kinkly.com: Looking for a website about sex of one sort or another? Well, here you go! The site is now listed there. Maybe in a couple years I’ll crack the top 100.
- Colleen Coover’s Small Favors is coming out in a deluxe edition! I AM A HAPPY PERSON ABOUT THIS.
4.04 My Submissive Life:
- Avoidance Behaviour: a piece I wrote about using service as a way of avoiding scary things like human interaction.
9.46 Book Review:
- This episode’s book is The Academy: Stories from The Marketplace, which is the fourth novel in the Marketplace series.
- If you’d like signed versions (or for more money to go to the author–this is Laura’s shop–if not, this is Amazon (she doesn’t care where you get the books, just so you actually pay for them).
- The Academy is a yearly meeting of Marketplace trainers. This year a new proposal has been put forward that will affect everyone and has ruffled some feathers. Between debates and meetings, trainers share stories of trainers, spotters and slaves they’ve known–these stories are written by guest authors and showcase an array of kinks in a variety of countries.
- Book one: The Marketplace, reviewed in episode one.
- Book two: The Slave, reviewed in episode six.
- Book three: The Trainer, reviewed in episode twenty-five.
16.31 Section of Sexyness:
- Michael gets more than he bargained for. 🙂
23.40 Closing Remarks:
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll be talking about the books about BDSM I read/reviewed prior to having the show.
- Support the show and site on Patreon!
- Like The Pageist on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads, Quora, Medium, and Instagram and join the Fetlife group.
- You can also subscribe to this website through the email form in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be much appreciated!
- All episodes are listed and playable from this page.