Episode the thirty-fourth; wherein the Pageist is confounded by inconsistent censorship, attempts to perform nonconsensual submission and takes an academic view of kink. The book reviewed is Sexual Outsiders: Understanding BDSM Sexualities and Communities by David M. Ortmann and Richard A. Sprott.
.49 Intro & Announcements:
- Two new survey responses! You can fill out the survey here.
- One new iTunes rating–thank you to Drew.
- I’m now on Quora as Paige La Marchand if you’d like to follow me or ask a question.
- I’m also on Medium as ThePageist if you’d like to follow my writings there.
- My Instagram is new, but I’m enjoying it.
- The Worthy Causes page on the site is available. It will expand over time.
3.41 My Submissive Life:
- Sites not allowed in public places in the U.K.:
- Hey Epiphora: Sex toy reviews. Understandable.
- Oh Joy Sex Toy: Ditto.
- Miss Vera’s Finishing School for Boys Who Want to Be Girls: Crossdressing is NOT OKAY, apparently. Gender roles must be enforced at all costs
- Graydancer’s Ropecast [link now dead]: It’s…words. And links to podcast episodes.
- LifeLeatherPursuit: It’s just words… It’s academic… KINK IS EVIL
- My libsyn page: God forbid you be able to read the show notes or listen to my show.
- My Tumblr: All right, naked ladies in cuffs and fetish gear.
- Sites allowed in public places (when I wrote this)
- Big hugs and thanks to Muse for offering her internet!
- Paige tries to provide service to her local coffee shop. Have you ever been so service-horny you’d tried to serve a company?
10.03 Book Review:
- The book this episode is Sexual Outsiders: Understanding BDSM Sexualities and Communities by David M. Ortmann and Richard A. Sprott. An academic exploration of different types of BDSM and how people in sexual outlier communities can integrate their sexualities into their full selves. It also helps psychologists and psychiatrists understand how to better serve their clients in the BDSM community and instructs kinky people on how to find the best therapist for their needs.
- Kink Aware Professionals Directory: Professionals in various fields who aren’t going to flip out if you mention a flogger.
- Different Loving by Dr Gloria Brame. This would make an excellent pair with Sexual Outsiders. I interviewed the author in episode 14.
25.55 Closing Remarks:
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll be reviewing The Academy by Laura Antoniou
- Like The Pageist on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads, Quora, Medium, and Instagram and join the Fetlife group.
- You can also subscribe to this website through the email form in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be much appreciated!
- All episodes are listed and playable from this page.