Episode the twenty-fifth; wherein the Pageist returns to the Marketplace for the third time to learn how trainers become trainers. Also, a note from a fan and show developments.
.50 Intro & Announcements:
- Welcome to new listeners in Venezuela! And the new Facebook friend Lexi!
- Thank you to the person who contacted me through Tumblr. To answer your question, there are several ways to help the show, including:
- Spreading the word to people at your local munch/dungeon or online,
- Leaving a positive review on iTunes
- Sponsoring the show (or sending someone my way who might be interested in doing so)
- Supporting the upcoming Patreon or Zazzle shop.
- The Cage is a social networking site that includes blogs, a magazine, a podcast section, forums and all sorts of other things. Registration is open and free. Check out the link here.
- I happened across Consensual Dominance this week–it’s a blog written by someone who clearly knows a thing or two. The posts are well-written and covers a variety of kink-related topics. Check that out here.
- I don’t know when the next episode of the show will be due to moving craziness. Definitely not next week. Perhaps the week after? Or the week after that? Hopefully it won’t be a month from now, but I am not leaving you for good just until I have a place I can sit and talk naughty things in peace.
5.52 Book Review:
- This episode’s review is of The Trainer, the third book in the Marketplace series by Laura Antoniou.
- I reviewed the first book, The Marketplace, in episode one, here.
- The second book, The Slave, was in episode six, here.
- The Marketplace is a secret, international organization that trains people who wish to be 24/7 slaves in the truest sense and then sells them to the highest bidder. That’s the short version–it’s much more complex than that. And sexy. Each book focuses on a different aspect of the organization. The third book is about how trainers (the people who teach slaves how to be proper slaves worthy of the Marketplace) become trainers. And it ain’t easy.
- Normally I would read a sexy excerpt from the book, but there’s no time. I’m saving it for another episode. I promise–you’ll get your smut.
13.36 Closing Remarks:
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll be talking about… I don’t know. Either: kink in films: the good, the bad and the sexy; a review of Life, Leather and the Pursuit of Happiness; a review of two Toybag Guides or something else entirely.
- Like The Pageist on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads and join the Fetlife group.
- You can also subscribe to this website through the email form in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be much appreciated!
- All episodes are listed and playable from this page.