Episode the Twenty-first; Wherein the Pageist has a big announcement, discovers a new way to know when you’re really losing it and reviews Traversing Gender by Lee Harrington
.50 Intro & Announcements:
- Welcome to our new Facebook member, Alice!
- Two new survey responses, many thanks to them. If you’d like to take the listener survey to let me know what you think of the show, please go: here.
1.48 My Submissive Life:
- The Pageist realizes a life-long dream.
- Find out what double underpants crazy is. (It’s the crazy that comes from planning an overseas move but is applicable to other types of high-pressure situations, as well.)
5.14 Book Review:
- This episode’s book is Traversing Gender: Understanding Transgender Realities by Lee Harrington. The book covers various types of transgender and gender nonconforming realities, as well as the ways in which allies, family, friends, lovers, health care professionals, law-makers as well as many others might be more open to those who express their gender in non-traditional ways.
- Where I heard about the book–an outstanding interview with Lee and Graydancer from Gray’s Ropecast [link now dead].
- Patton Oswalt talks about the difference between words and intent and how you have to ‘listen to their heart’: here.
- My review of Tina Horn’s Sexting: The Grownup’s Little Book of Getting Dirty Digitally: Episode 15.
- A slideshow of the transgender people killed thus far in 2016: The Advocate.
- Norah Vincent’s Self-Made Man: One Woman’s Year Disguised as a Man: here.
30.10 Closing Remarks:
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll be reviewing The Ethical Slut: A Practical Guide to Polyamory, Open Relationships and Other Adventures by Dossie Easton and Janet W. Hardy.
- Like The Pageist on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads and join the Fetlife group.
- You can also subscribe to this website through the email form in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be much appreciated!
- All episodes are listed and playable from this page.