Episode the Sixteenth; Wherein the Pageist goes her own way whilst Britain attempts to do the same, (hopefully she’ll have better luck). The topic is toxic masculinity and the messages that lead to rape culture and mass violence. Book reviews return next week.
00.50 Intro & Announcements
- Listener Survey (anonymous and quick and earns my eternal gratitude): here.
8.33 Brock Turner: Toxic Masculinity & Rape Culture
- Rape statistics and convictions from RAINN and other information for survivors and those who want to help.
- More statistics and a petition for survivor’s rights.
18.44 Omar Mateen: Homophobia & Misogyny
- Mass shootings in the U.S. from 1982 until today broken down by race. Includes loads of other information. Downloadable.
- Miss Representation: A documentary by Jennifer Siebel Newsom about how young girls learn their place in the world from the media.
- The Mask You Live In: The follow up about the damage toxic masculinity does to young boys and our entire culture.
26.58 Closing Remarks
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll be reviewing a series of books on Female Led Relationships by NookieNotes beginning with She Makes the Rules.
- Like The Pageist on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads and join the Fetlife group.
- You can also subscribe to this website through the email form in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be great!
- All episodes are listed and playable from this page.