Episode the Ninth; Wherein the Pageist deals with some heavy irony and learns who her friends are, passes on some important information to her listeners and reviews books full of pretty paintings of kinky lesbians.
00.55 Intro & Announcements:
- I guest hosted an episode of The People of Kink as part of multiple shows on the Erotic Awakening Podcast Network guest hosting one episode of another show on the network. The episode aired after I recorded this episode so here is the link. I had a blast!
- After gaining a listener in the CAR, the podcast is now in six continents. Also, someone in Mexico listened to all eight episodes in one day. Also, I speak French at you. Sorta.
- People have been responding to the Listener Survey and I am grateful. I love learning about my listeners.
- Early Bird Tickets for Power Exchange Summit are on sale until April 2. Tickets are half sold out. If you want to improve your power exchange relationship or are just curious about them, it’s the place to be. The conference is May 27th-29th.
- Two of the vendors at PXS will be Mr Malaprop who makes some delightfully devious items like butt hammers and wicked sticks and Bastard Ropes. Both of whom I shall be patronizing in Ohio in May.
- Get 10% off books by Cooper S. Beckett if you use the code pageist at alifelessmonogamous.com or mylifeontheswingset.com
5.30 My Submissive Life
This episode’s topic is the fun of a (very) unexpected HPV diagnosis. I go about it with humor and facts.
Information about HPV:
- Information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Cancer Society
- Oh Joy Sex Toy comic about HPV by Erika Moen
- HPV and Cancer in the LGBT Community
- Information about HPV Duration
- Multiamory episode about STDs including HPV
- Perverted Podcast episode including segment on HPV [at 32:50]
- I have two essays on this site that cover some of the topic on the show. Essay One and Essay Two.
20.20 Book Review
The book reviewed in this episode is Sunstone by Stjepan Sejic (pronounced Stephen). Which is the first four volumes of a comic about Allison and Lisa, two women exploring kink together. One has a little more experience and a great deal of gear. The comics involves both of the women and the people important to their lives.
The series is still ongoing and is free-to-read on DeviantArt here, though I explain on the podcast why you may prefer the physical copies.
31.20 Closing Remarks
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll review… I’m not sure yet… I’m reading several books.
- Like on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads
- You can also subscribe to this website through the email form in the sidebar
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be great!
- All episodes are listed and playable from this page.