Episode the Eighth Wherein the Pageist interviews Cooper S. Beckett, author of A Life Less Monogamous and My Life on the Swingset. Also, a new networking website for kinksters and a big thank you to Multiamory for guest hosting her show.
In this episode, the Pageist has a grand old time interviewing Cooper S. Beckett, author of A Life Less Monogamous (which I reviewed in episode 005) and My Life on the Swingset: Adventures in Swinging and Polyamory.
- Thank you to the new Facebook likes. Welcome, Jen and Cleo!
- Power Exchange Summit is coming up the last weekend in May in Columbus, Ohio. Tickets are on sale at the link above.
- I’m conducting an anonymous survey of my listeners and would appreciate it if you’d take the few minutes it takes to fill it out so I can learn a little more about the people who listen to my show. This is the link if you’re so inclined. I thank you.
- The Cage is a new networking/website for kinky people. It’s just been launched so you can get whatever username you’d like. It’s very well-organized. The full address is thecage.co not .com.
- The Multiamory crew, Jase, Emily and Dedeker, hosted The Pageist for the previous episode (and did an excellent job). I thanked them heartily and warmed them off my turf. Check out their show at Multiamory.com. They’re new to kink, but know a thing or two about poly.
- And finally, several people on the Erotic Awakening Podcast Network are hosting a different show in the network for one episode. Very soon I will be hosting an episode of The People of Kink. If you haven’t listened to that show, give it a shot–there are some kinky people out there and they share their stories with Crazy Heart.
- The first interview I’ve conducted over Skype and technology didn’t explode. Miracles do happen.
- Coop is an excellent interview, which was very helpful.
- There may have been flirting.
- We covered topics such as how straight male swingers feel about other penises, the terror of writing from the point of view of the opposite sex, what the deal is with all the alcohol in Life Less Monogamous, and fictional serial killers.
- Coop’s social media: CooperSBeckett on: Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram and Snapchat.
- You can also find him on: coopersbeckett.com and lifeontheswingset.com.
- His podcast network is Swingset.fm
60.20 Closing Remarks
- You can get 10% off your copy of Cooper’s books by using the code pageist on either Life on the Swingset or A Life Less Monogamous
- On the next episode I’ll be reviewing Sunstone by Stjepan Sejic. It’s a comic about BDSM practicing lesbians.
- Ways to connect with The Pageist:
- Rate on iTunes
- Like on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads
- Email is thepageist [at] gmail [dot] com
- You can also subscribe to this website through the email form in the sidebar.