Episode the Third. In which The Pageist reads naughty fairy tales, reminds everyone that even Roman Emperors had to deal with complete nonsense and bids farewell to a true gentleman and artist, Mr Alan Rickman.
(Also anal sex safety snails!)
00.44 Intro & Announcements
- The Pageist is now on iTunes. Please rate the show and subscribe!
- A reminder about the Philly GRUE, which is being held on March 5th and 6th. FetLife group page here.
1.50 Diary Pages
- I went to my first fetish night and talked about what a great experience that was. My vanilla friend Bean went with me and had a blast. She got to see Bodhi and Tora of Ropespace do some incredible ties.
Everyone should have vanilla friends like Bean.
- I also had to share Erika Moen’s (author/illustrator of the amazing Oh Joy Sex Toy webcomic) awesome anal safety snails Valentine cards–in case you’re looking for something for that special someone.
5.05 Book Review
The book review was Leather Ever After: An Anthology of Kinky Fairy Tales edited by Sassafras Lowrey. As always, I’ll post the written review next week.
It was a collection of classic fairy tales, each re-written with a particular kinky (or several) in mind. The contributors range from well-known to first-timers. It was a good read.
If you enjoyed the review of Leather Ever After, you can support the site by getting the book through this link: Leather Ever After: An Anthology of Kinky Fairy Tales
17.10 Meditations for submissives
- It was time for another Meditations for submissives, though this selection was applicable for everyone on the planet.
- Here is a link to the text for that one.
- The edition of Meditations I use is this one: Meditations (Penguin Great Ideas).
21.10 A Farewell to Alan Rickman
- This episode was a little different from most in that I ended with a fond farewell to Mr Alan Rickman by sharing a review of Closet Land, a film he was proud of that listeners of my show would probably appreciate greatly.
26.15 Closing Remarks
- Thank you for tuning in!
- The next episode will include a review of the first four volumes of Stjepan Sejic’s BDSM comic Sunstone and will be up in a couple weeks.
- Things you can do to the Pageist:
- Like on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads
- You can also subscribe to this website through the email form in the sidebar
- Subscribe and rate on iTunes here.
- All episodes are listed and playable from this page.