Episode the Second of The Pageist: In which there are Philadelphia GRUEs, etiquette lessons (in the form of a review of Playing Well with Others) and a humorous tale of ruining nipples for Danish people.
00.45 Intro & Announcements
- Information on a GRUE happening in Philly the first weekend in March. Don’t worry, you won’t be eaten just because it’s dark. (Though you might, if you ask nicely.)
1.40 Diary Pages
- While cleaning I came upon an old Utne which had an article entitled ‘How to Write a Sex Scene’. One of the suggestions reminded me of…
- A story about American friends of mine who live in Denmark and are, therefore, learning Danish. When they got to the word for nipples… it was the worst word ever.
6.35 Book Review
The book reviewed is Playing Well with Others: Your Field Guide to Discovering, Exploring and Navigating the Kink, Leather and BDSM Communities by Lee Harrington and Mollena Williams.
The title pretty much covers it. It covers a lot of ground and I use many, many quotes.
Next week I’ll add the text version of the book review from this week for those who like to read their reviews.
26.40 Closing Remarks
- Thank you for tuning in!
- This is my favorite thing: the next episode is the third one and will appear on iTunes (along with the previous two). Apparently a podcast isn’t ‘legit’ enough for iTunes until it has three entire episodes. So, I think we’re all looking forward to that.
- In the next episode I’ll review either Erotic Slavehood or Leather Ever After.I’m not sure yet.
- Things you can do to the Pageist:
- Like on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads
- You can also subscribe to this website through the email form in the sidebar
- Subscribe and rate on iTunes here.
- All episodes are listed and playable from this page.